September 8, 2005

Dick Cheney gets his own treatment

Watching the Daily Show this evening. It is good to have someone put a humorous face on this administration. Bush woodenly reading the bio of Rhenquist was vintage Bush. Just proud of his ability to read, he looks up for approval when he finishes a sentence. Jeesh. And the American people elected him?

Well, Bush may be completely losing his political savvy. Or I am missing something. Cheney is sent to the south? Why? Because they are trying to humanize the administration? This, from the VP, who remained on vacation well through last week's disaster. Fishing. Good old Dick.

So, and this is where it got funny. Cheney is down there talking to the media. Someone asks him about antagonism to the administration's response avoidance of the hurricane. He says not from what he is hearing. Out of the crowd, you hear, "Mr. Cheney, go fuck yourself."

Ah, there it is. Damn that is funny. And for those of you who just wrinkled your face in horror at the word, just remember that the good VP used that very phrase on Patrick Leahy. I didn't mind it then. I certainly don't mind it now. The worm is starting to turn. Brian Williams is on the Daily Show and he is pissed off. Jack Cafferty (cnn) did a 5 minute rant on Bush stocking FEMA with political hacks. People are starting to see the difference between the reality and what the administration wants to tell us is the reality.

3 comments:

tonymyles said...

The Daily Show always seems to have an interesting spin. Even though I can't stand the outright liberalism, I have to laugh at myself (and my leaders) at times.

That said, I'm still trusting my President. I pray for him, and trusting that God has heard me is the best I can do right now.

Wasp Jerky said...

Jon seems to actually be fairly moderate. As for trusting the President, it's awfully hard to do that when he keeps lying to my face.

Streak said...

Tony, thanks for coming by. The outright liberalism on the Daily Show is welcomed by us liberals, because it is the only place on cable news where someone is unabashedly liberal. And he is funny, as you note.

I really don't know how you trust Bush, but that is the way things go. Like I said in my post, I don't blame God for this president.