September 9, 2005

I am sure I will feel better

But this week has not been easy. I keep saying it, but it's still true. World leaders are looking at our poverty and thinking, "don't you ever lecture me on anything again." To be fair, Bush is not responsible for the horrible poverty in the South. We all are. But he has done nothing to make it better and everything to make it worse.

I have moments of hope, when I read that Robert Novak has criticized Bush or when I flip on Faux News and they say he dropped the ball. William Kristol says that Republicans are all disappointed with him, but they will continue to support Bush on tax cuts. Feh. What assholes.

It is nice that the staunchest supporters--the ones who thought Bush represented Jesus' own candidate (some anyway) are acknowledging that the frat boy jokes about New Orleans and Trent Lott's house were juvenile. Some, the most honest, recognize that his "we didn't think the levees would fail" was pure bullshit.

But that really isn't enough. I am still so pissed off that people ignored all the warning signs that this President was inept. Sure he invaded the wrong country and he can't speak the English language, but you assured me he was Godly or "street smart" or whatever. You were wrong. You were so damn wrong. This guy has never been successful at any thing he has ever done, and his only putative successes have come from his family name. His "born again" experience doesn't change that one bit.

I know that I have said I am trying to forgive his supporters for giving us the worst President in American history. But for tonight, I am angry. You owe me a damn country! You owe me a damn social safety net. You owe me an administration that looks at in creased terrorist acts in Iraq as proof democracy is working! You owe me an administration that isn't so fucking dumb! One that doesn't think that global warming is a myth, but intelligent design is science.

I will work on the forgiveness. Tonight I will say I was right and you were wrong. Supporting this man for any office is negligent. Foisting him on the world as a Christian leader is criminal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand your anger, but remember one thing - it is fall now and therefore football is on nearly everyday. That should cheer up everyone (unless they are Broncos fans).
--CIL

Anonymous said...

Quite agreed.