February 27, 2006

More Ryan Adams

An Aquarium Drunkard (thanks to Bucky for pointing out the Wilco connection in this blog name--still can't believe I missed that) has been posting unreleased Ryan Adams stuff lately. Today, they post an unreleased album called "The Suicide Handbook" and I downloaded every one. A couple tracks will later be released on either Gold or Demolition, but in different version. "Firecracker"--one of my favorite RA songs, is here as a spare and beautiful acoustic version. Yet more songs are new to me, and almost all of them are good. At first listen, this unreleased album is as good as much of his released, and better than some. Check them out. Oh, and if you look at the links, there are some unrelased Whiskeytown tracks available too. Add that to the video I posted earlier, and this Monday might just be ok.

:)

1 comment:

P M Prescott said...

Old time hollywoods is dropping like flies these days. Darren McGavin died yesterday as well.