February 24, 2006

Ok, this is both wrong and right

Be warned, the link contains an oft-used swear word that begins with the letter "f." I like the word, personally, but some don't. Anyway, I thought of this during my walk into work when I saw a monstrous Hummer driving down the road. Ex CIA Chief James Woolsey was on the Colbert Report and noted that this was the first war he could think of where we are funding both sides. Our administration's arrogance about fuel conservation has meant that we continue to pump fuel money into the very people funding terrorism. As unavoidable that is at some level, people in Hummers (and others) are taking it to a new level.

So, I googled hummers and gestures and found this, which, like I said, is both funny and offensive. Probably shouldn't encourage people flipping off Hummers, but it is just so tempting. I actually imagine a WW2 type poster, where on one half, people are encouraged to salute (positively) their fighting men and women and remind them that we are thinking of them as they fight this very dangerous enemy, and then the other half would suggest that: "As you see people who continue to lavishly fund the other side, be sure to salute them as well. Remind them that they are #1 in your book, and thank them for contributing to the cause of terror!"

Or something.

No comments: