February 22, 2006

Well, we have seen this before

Not exactly. But this Port Deal is interesting. I really don't know what to think of it. But what I do find interesting is that the Administration likes to defend decisions like this with the "trust us" shrug. Most conservatives--the ones who never trusted Clinton on anything--have trusted him. Trusted him at a level that amazes me. Trusted him when he said that the wiretapping was just to catch phone calls between a known Al Quaeda operative and someone in the state--even though that is clearly something that they could get a warrant for.

They didn't trust him when he appointed Harriet Myers, and now it looks like they may not trust him on this. For many, it looks fishy--as if there is some kind of behind the scenes deal. I really don't know. I do know that this administration hasn't earned my trust.

No comments: