May 10, 2008

Saturday is the day for music

Well, at least to note a few forthcoming albums that have me a little interested.

First up is the first album in 4 years (or something) from the Old 97's which is coming out next Tuesday. You can watch a little video there at Amazon which gives you a little insight on the appeal of the band. I remember seeing them at a club in Austin and they just simply blew me away. Their last album, however, really didn't impress me, so I am excited about this one.

Second, and I just learned of this in my new issue of Paste magazine, is the new album from Alejandro Escovedo which will be out late June. Readers here know that Alejandro is one of my favorite artists and perhaps one of the best rocker's that you have never heard of. Unlike the Old 97s, his last album was great and we were able to catch him on tour. Great stuff.

Any albums you are looking at this summer?

***

Here in Norman, btw, we had a weird google outage that kept me from posting comments or blog posts all morning. Was that just in OK?