March 23, 2005

People I would like to have coffee/beer/dinner with

This is a dream list, of course, and won't happen. But these people intrigue me. Don't mistake them as heroes of mine, just people who I find interesting.

1) Jon Stewart. Someone compared me to him once, which I took as a high compliment. His quick wit and clear intelligence would make him a fascinating dinner companion.

2) Bill Clinton. Yeah, I know, I know. I wouldn't ask him for marriage advice, for sure, but I think he is an intelligent guy who would make for a bright and challenging dinner/coffee. He knows more about a lot of things than most, and I think he would be engaging and thoughtful. (Much more than I can say about the current president who does not interest me in the least. I cannot imagine finding something to talk about with him. I think Clinton is the only politician on my list.

3) Paul Newman. Perhaps my favorite actor of all time. Clearly an intelligent guy who has done a lot in his life. And I know for a fact he likes beer!

4) A few other actors that I will lump in here. John Cusack and Susan Sarandon. Cusack is one of my favorites and I have had a crush on Sarandon (Streak's other friend is aware, trust me) since Bull Durham.

5) Steve Earle. Easily my favorite singer/songwriter/activist. A tortured soul who was drugged out in the 80s, but has cleaned up and produced some amazing work. If I could con him and Emmylou Harris to invite me to dinner and a jam session, I would be ok with that.

6) U2. All four of them. With lyrics like this, who wouldn't want to meet them?
Don't believe the devil
I don't believe his book
But the truth is not the same
Without the lies he made up


7) Bishop Tutu and Sister Helen Prejean. People who have seen what they have seen and still have faith, not only in God, but in humanity. That has to be a good discussion.

I will add more as I think of them.

6 comments:

Bruce said...

All you're missing is Michael Moore, George Soros and Barbara Streisand to complete the list of the conservative's Most Hated People list.

Its always funny to come across people that hate Hillary Clinton more than they do Osama Bin Laden.

Wasp Jerky said...

I'd add in Jim Wallis and Barock Obama.

Wasp Jerky said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Streak said...

Wallis and Obama are great additions. I could sit down with Hillary too, though she scares me a bit. :)

Brandon said...

What about me? :)

Wasp Jerky said...

I thought you were a given, Brandon.