March 21, 2005

Thanks to Life and Deatherage

This cartoon highlights all that is wrong with the Terry Schiavo case. I have not blogged about it because I don't really know what to say. I don't have a lot of the details and it just feels like a tragedy with a lot of hyenas using this young woman for their own political punching bag. All around. The Republicans strike me as unbelievable on this, but they aren't the only ones.

This cartoon, if you haven't clicked over there yet, highlights one of the huge hypocrisies from the right. The recent bankruptcy bill would make it very hard for families like the Shiavo's to recover, as would the President's vaunted "tort reform" which would take away the funding for someone like Terry Shiavo's coverage up till now. And then read what Bush evidently signed into law as governor of Texas and tell me, (if true) how that relates to his supposed "culture of life?"

No comments: