May 5, 2005

Light blogging

I haven't written much the last day or so. Giving a final and so that is taking some of my time. Also need to practice my mando, and have had numerous chores to do around the house. Also a bit on the down side this week, for all the reasons I wrote about the other day. The current job is just not working out and the prognosis is negative (sounds like a Seinfeld movie, eh?).

There have been a few nice moments. A student told me she learned more in my class (and worked harder) than her other two courses combined. That was nice to hear.

Things will get better. I need more music and less annoying stuff. Just bought the new Ryan Adams album and that has been a really nice addition. The guy can flat out sing.

Anyway.

4 comments:

tm said...

Listening to Bryan Adams, huh?

Streak said...

That is one of my favorite stories. I love the idea of Ryan Adams kicking that guy out.

I have heard that Ryan is a bit of an ass in person, but good god his voice is unbelievable. This new album has some really great song on it, as do all of his albums.

Anonymous said...

Is the Ryan Adams album better than the Rock and Roll album? I want more Sweet Carolina and Damn Sam and less whatever the hell was on the RandR album.

Streak said...

Cold Roses is more like Love is Hell and less of a hard rock album. Much less.

I am still listening to it and think it might be one of his very best