January 22, 2005

Dobson and Bob Jones

Thinking more about Kristen's post. Dobson's assertion that the Sponge Bob is helping out the homosexual agenda just annoys me. Wallis is right, even if you think that my gay friends are wrong, how do you prioritize attacking them over an immoral death penalty system? Or a war justified on false premises? Maybe taking the Lord's name in Vain isn't me and my friends swearing, but Dobson and Falwell and Jones claiming to speak for God.

Oh, that Bob Jones! What a jerk. "You owe the liberals nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ." Really? Let's count what is wrong with that. Again, say you think that Jones and Bush are right. Do they really owe the rest of the country nothing? Has our country been so Balkanized that the elected President only represents those who vote for him? I would suggest that you Bush supporters read some history and think about the implications of that. The second sentence is even worse. Not only are Liberals supposedly not Christian in this equation, they hate Christ. The more I read it, the more I think Jones might have a point, though. Bush's Christ isn't loving--he isn't tolerant--he doesn't seek peace--he doesn't oppose slaughter and death. Bush's Christ supports killing, wealth, war, and control. Maybe Jones is right on that. But not the way he thinks.

No comments: