January 17, 2005

Gandhi, MLK Day, and one last Bush post

I mean for today, of course. I am sure he will do more stuff that bugs me. As a friend noted in an email, I am confident that historians will look back on this period with real puzzlement, wondering what spell this guy had over the American people. That probably qualifies me as an elitest. Whatever.

Anyway, I was walking the dogs and a thought hit me. Gandhi was evidently asked by a reporter what he thought of western civilization. Gandhi said he thought it would be a good thing. So, in honor of nonviolent resistance and thoughtful critique, I offer my paraphrase:

"What do you think of Bush as a Christian President?"

"I think it would be a good thing."

Now, I am going to go put Kasey Chambers back on the Airtunes and read my empty detective novel before the semester begins.

Peace on this MLK day

No comments: