January 22, 2005

Things I like

I know I have been a bit on the negative side lately. There are many things I don't like, and readers of this blog probably know most of them. :) The McCarty's often do a list of their favorite things. I like that and am now committing blog theft with that idea.

1) Arrested Development. No, it isn't a personal description of my emotional state, but the best, smartest and funniest show on TV right now. Here is a great fan site. Come on!

2) Movies on DVD. Theater's annoy me--technically the people in the theater annoy me. (During a viewing of Return of the King, I listened to some goober behind me state several times "that isn't in the book.") We just watched Napoleon Dynamite and enjoyed the hell out of it. But in my own viewing room, I don't have to deal with annoying people. Except myself.

3) Music. Oh, man, without the tunes, no one could stand me. Kasey Chambers, most things from Wilco and Ryan Adams, and Steve Earle's Transcendental Blues when I am feeling out of control.

4) Blogging. This has been fun and therapeutic for me. Some of these angry rants have really allowed me to put something aside and calm myself down. I have also met a lot of cool people through blogging. Some, virtually, and others in person. Thanks to everyone who comes by and reads my stuff.

5)My Dogs and Cats. The dogs have kept us sane this year with the semi-daily walks and cheerful greeting.

6) My partner in crime. Streak's other friend is my best friend in the world and I don't know what I would do without her. She is the best and I am lucky to have her in my life. She puts up with all of this! And, she has become a first rate King of the Hill and Arrested Development fan!

No comments: