January 20, 2005

Today

Yeah, I know what is going on today in Washington. I don't have the energy for this one. I have said what I think of this administration, and even though a little bitty part of me keeps hoping they will change, I doubt that very much.

So, I am thinking of what I want to accomplish this year. I don't really want to call them NY's resolutions, because those don't work very well. Just some goals.

1) learn how to play the mandolin

2) reread Noll's Scandal of the Evangelical Mind

3) catch up on other readings; Brueggemann's The Prophetic Imagination, de la Torre's Reading the Bible from the Margins, and about 40 more books that Micah, Kristen, Greg, Natalie, and Bruce have recommended.

4) listen to new music. I remember clearly a lecture from my doctor about stress. He told me to either play or listen to music--that there was a direct link between that and stress reduction. Of course, number one on this list relates to that, but new music is good too.

5) spend as much time with friends as I can. Having dinner or beer or coffee with friends usually ends up feeding the soul. That is a good thing.

6) work out more. This is also related to number 4 and 1. Exercise is good for stress too.

7) go skiing as much as I can

8) watch more movies. good ones.

more later.

2 comments:

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

Sounds like a plan. And on #5 I concur heartily, though I would suggest that beer is worthy of its own bullet point on your list.

Anonymous said...

You know, you can accomplish 5, 6, and 7 in Laramie, Wyoming. It was 55 yesterday - a new record.

-- Thawing Out (Briefly) in Laramie