January 5, 2006

last night's game

Wow, what a game! As I noted in the previous post, it was hard to cheer for Texas, but I was tired of the Matt Leinart show. In fact, the post game interviews showed kind of what I thought. Reggie Bush was a class act and Matt Leinart said that USC lost--Texas didn't win. Really?

The Vince Young show, in fact, was one of the more impressive I have ever seen. When OU won the national title against FSU, I thought then (and still think today) it was one of the best team defense performances in a big game I had seen. But Young's individual performance was one of the best I have ever seen.

Add to that strong games in the Orange and Sugar bowls (Fiesta bowl wasn't bad) and I can't remember a better bowl season.

As Bootleg Blogger noted, this should make next year's Red River shootout extra special!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This OU fan watched the game as is possessed by Homer Simpson -- "TOUCHDOWN TEXAS!! YAY!"
"D'OH!"