January 16, 2006

Updating my links

This has only taken me six months or so to do, but I finally updated my link list of favorite blogs. I added (belatedly) a few really good bloggers and all around insightful people like Kevin, Nicole, Adam, and Zalm. All are bloggers who pop in on occasion and add some nice insight to Streak's little world.

And, I recently found a new blog while surfing over at Carlos's Jesus Politics. Part Steven Colbert and part something else, Jon Swift challenged me to post a link to his blog, even though he fears the left-leaning nature of this blog might do further harm to America. Anyway, take a look. Although this take on the NY Times story on body armor is good, ("Of course, no one could have predicted that the war would last more than a few weeks so the idea that the Pentagon should pay for a lot of expensive armor and humvees that might never be needed is absurd.") my favorite right now is his list of Bush accomplishments for 2005.

February 2 – Bush gives a State of the Union message completely devoid of false information based on bad intelligence. The speech is interrupted by applause 66 times, and he gets 44 standing ovations.

March 20 – President Bush cuts off his vacation and rushes from Crawford, Texas, to Washington to save the life of Terry Schiavo, proving that defending life is even more important to him than personal leisure activities. Despite the President’s efforts and Dr. Bill Frist’s upbeat diagnosis, Schiavo dies 11 days later.

1 comment:

Catholic Girl said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Brilliant find. I love this!