January 26, 2006

More.....

Well, isn't this just a kick in the butt?

Very interesting.

We are spreading democracy to fight terrorism. Yet we have a population democratically choosing to elect what a group we see as a terrorist organization.


*********

Having a discussion with a friend about Ben Roethlisberger. Can't doubt that the man can play football, but he is also one of those athletes who likes to connect his athletic success to his religious faith. Paraphrasing here, but he once said that only God could have transformed him from a bench player to a starter.

I am suggesting to my friend that this is just one of the many examples where we see the trivializing of faith.

He says it is just Ben being grateful to God for his talent. I say that it is, not only trivializing, but also false humility. "Look at me. I am so good that only God could have given me this talent."

No comments: