December 23, 2007

Finally got around to some decorating

The Christmas Tree, that is. We have had it in the house sans ornaments for a week or so. That is ok. It smells so nice and looks so nice it was almost a shame to put stuff on it. But of course, we did.

A few of my favorite ornaments. And I wonder if any of them get me in trouble with the GWOC crowd.

1) CIL and I visited the Alamo one fall and I found this little gem. A miniature longhorn skull (nothing to do with UT, btw) with a Christmas wreath over one horn and "The Alamo" written on it. One of my favorites.



2) In 2002, I visited Kansas City for a conference and found this at a Pottery Barn. Could not resist as it sure looked like Sooner colors on Santa here.


3) This one will get me in trouble with Anglican, but I can't resist. After purchasing as many coffees in these colorful cups, I can't help but smile when I see this little ornament. Yeah, yeah, I know it is commercial. And it is A commercial. But I like it. And it is our tree.


4) This one will most likely get me on the list of those endangering Christmas in this country. But I don't care. We have never had a good tree topper and while searching for some of my favorite ornaments, I came across Buzz. SOF bought him for me when I was writing my dissertation and he kept a watchful eye over the process. I figured he could do the same for our tree.

The tree looks great. SOF did a great job of picking it out and putting the lights and most of the ornaments on last night.


Now we are ready for Christmas.

14 comments:

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

Actually, the *$s ornament doesn't surprise me that much. But I must admit that the Alamo ornament puzzles me. Not there's anything wrong with that. . . .

It's always good to Remember the Alamo.

Streak said...

I thought the saying was "remember the Alamo gift shop."

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures. Of course, the first one is my favorite.
I still have the coffee mug from that gift shop - I am using a mug that my great grandmother owned this morning though. But the Alamo mug is one of my favorities.
-- CIL

Anonymous said...

The gift shop at the Alamo? Is that in the basement?

Streak said...

I remember that Alamo mug, CIL.

And no, Ubub, the gift shop is near the back door. If only the Alamo residents had known about it, Texas would be a completely different place!

:)

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

"The gift shop at the Alamo? Is that in the basement?"

Yeah, it's there right next to yo mama.

Anonymous said...

I gotcher decorations right here ...

You're just lucky I don't judge Anglicanism by the Anglicans I know. Or something.

Tony said...

My favorite is, of course, Buzz Lightyear.

Merry Christmas everyone--and thanks for letting me hang out here. Hope you all have a GREAT holiday.

Streak said...

Tony, you are more than welcome here. You actually make it livable. Look at these two--"next to your mother" and "got those decorations right here." Sheesh. Without you, and now Mary, Rob, and Steve, it would be wall-to-wall expletive. And don't even get me started on CIL.

Anonymous said...

Streak, based on your continued harassment of me in your blog and your inability to keep any of your promises, I am unilaterally withdrawing myself from your blog.
-- CIL

Bootleg Blogger said...

I'm sorry, but is anyone else a little weirded out that we're discussing another guy's christmas tree decorations? Isn't there at least a gun ornament you can show us, Streak? Maybe a GI Joe or something?- Later- BB

Streak said...

Nope. Buzz is the only one.

Tony said...

Don't forget--Buzz has a laser. And he knows how to use it!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Streak! - CIL