December 12, 2007

Some progress...

Today we had at least some progress towards normalcy. While talking to my friend M, she mentioned that our electrical contractor (she recommended these guys years ago) were at here house as we spoke. I dropped by and they agreed to come over and check out my downed power line. Luckily, there was no damage to the meter, panel or the conduit, so they were able to rehang the line.

We aren't out of the woods yet. First, the neighborhood still doesn't have power, and second, the city may still have to inspect the connection.

But it is progress. At the very least, we can take the dogs into the back yard.

On the down side, SOF's mom is back in the hospital and can use your good thoughts. We will keep you posted.

3 comments:

steves said...

"On the down side, SOF's mom is back in the hospital and can use your good thoughts. We will keep you posted."

Will do. My family will keep you and your family in our prayers (as well as the rest of your state). Stay warm.

Bruce Prescott said...

Streak,

Sorry to hear that you are without power.

Here's a real obscenity.

I've got power. I would be delighted to offer you and your wife a warm place to stay, but I'm writing this from my mother's hospital room in Dallas. She's undergoing surgery this afternoon.

If this happens again, I hope I'm in Norman.

Streak said...

Steve, thanks for the good thoughts.

And Bruce, thanks for the thoughts, and here is hoping that things are well with your mom.