December 1, 2007

Pat Robertson--Yoga is evil

Pat Robertson Not Down With Yoga - Living on The Huffington Post: "Wednesday's '700 Club' featured a question about the Christian view of yoga. A concerned viewer asked, 'Does it really have its origins in evil?' Pat Robertson gave the verdict: Yes! According to Pat, stretching is fine, but by repeating common yoga mantras, you are actually praying to Hindu gods Vishnu and Krishna and you're not even aware of it! "
I knew it. And let me say that I always listen to whatever the Giant Head says.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That explains a lot, really. Many of those yoga poses would seem to require an extra set of arms or two to work.

I am baffled by this Hinduism = evil business. It's not my path, but evil? This reminds me of notable Hindu Mohandas Gandhi's comment, I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are so very unlike your Christ."

Anonymous said...

Here's what I don't get: if you're "not even aware of it," how can that be construed as praying? And then, as Christian monotheists, what are we to believe? That Vishnu and Krishna are just sitting around waiting for the phone to ring? I thought they didn't actually exist...? Pat makes my head hurt.

Streak said...

Oh Mary, are you applying logic to Pat Robertson? Really?

:)

Ubub, my favorite Gandhi quote is when asked what he thought of Western Civilization. The response, as I recall, was "it would be a good idea."

steves said...

Pat has been due for a kooky statement. I just don't know why he felt the need to do this now.

I am sure it won't come as a surprise that my favorite Gandhi quote is:

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."