December 10, 2007

The Ice Storm isn't very fun

We lost power about 3 am this morning and awoke to find our wonderful maple in shreds in our front yard. We don't know if it will make it or not. After scrounging coffee from some amazing neighbors, we heard more trees crash and realized that a big one went down in our backyard taking out our power line, cable and phone.

So, my internet access is extremely limited and will be for sometime. We expect to be without power for several days--and that is the optimistic view.

Anyway, I will be back when I can.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. I am sorry to hear about that beautiful maple. Hope you are able to stay safe and warm. We have room for you, but the commute to work might be a little rugged.

steves said...

I hope your power comes on soon. We lost power for a few days last month when we had some bad weather and it was not fun. It showed how dependent we are on technology. Our next house will have a wood stove and a well.

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

Same situation here, Streak. I was out earlier and drove by your house to check it out. That maple tree looks shredded indeed.

JMG said...

I'm thinking about you today. It sure is hard to wrap up a semester in weather like that.

It's going to be 75 degrees here today. Definitely not what I'd hoped for when I need to be inside grading papers.