December 22, 2007

GWOC redux

Linda Seger: Explain to Me Again: When Will the War on Christmas Start? - Living on The Huffington Post: "But, so far, there seem to be no signs here of a war on Christmas. Nobody has tried to remove my creche from my home. I've been reading the Nativity Story in the Bible, and not one person has burst into my home to tear the Bible from my hands. I hear the Christmas music in the grocery store that I've been hearing every year for most of my life - the same songs of 'Winter Wonderland' and 'Jingle Bells' and 'I'll be Home for Christmas'."

1 comment:

Monk-in-Training said...

Next time some American Christian complains about getting "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" and equates it with a war on Christmas, tell them about the Christians of Basra, Iraq. The ArchBishop of the area has canceled Christmas celebrations this year due to the murders of Christians in the city.