December 5, 2007

Huckabee on foreign policy

Seriously? I know he is campaigning, but doesn't his staff read the damn papers?
Huckabee not aware of NIE report on Iran - Jonathan Martin's Blog - Politico.com: "Kuhn: I don’t know to what extent you have been briefed or been able to take a look at the NIE report that came out yesterday ...

Huckabee: I’m sorry?

Kuhn: The NIE report, the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran. Have you been briefed or been able to take a look at it —

Huckabee: No.

Kuhn: Have you heard of the finding?

Huckabee: No.."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NIE, I remember hearing something about him once? Wasn't he some sort of "Science Guy?" You know how I feel about science.

leighton said...

In every campaign I've ever followed, "I haven't heard about it" means "I've heard about it, but I want people on both sides of the issue to keep supporting me." I imagine it's no different with Huckabee.

Streak said...

Heh. NIE the Science GIE. Heh.

Yeah, I suspect that Huck is playing both sides of the fence. Just as he is on faith issues. To the Iowa pastors he is super pastor, but wants to appeal to the mainstream voter as well.