February 6, 2005

More Lahaye--what a moron

Yeah, here is Lahaye at his best--disparaging gays. One of my good friends is a gay woman in a relationship with her partner and they are raising two of the nicest girls I have ever met. I think straight people should get a little humility about child rearing and shut up about this. Those girls are in a loving, and supportive environment. Their parents take their upbringing very seriously.

CNN.com - Transcripts: "T. LAHAYE: I'm opposed to it. That doesn't mean I hate them.

KING: How does he feel when he hears that, the gay person? T. LAHAYE: It depends on whether or not he's willing to face the fact that he's doing something...

KING: He's trying to be a good parent.

T. LAHAYE: He's trying to impose his values on society.

KING: Trying to be a good parent.

T. LAHAYE: By being the parent...

Say what? Lahaye isn't imposing his values by making me recite Under God in the pledge, but my gay friends are imposing their values on society by just raising two girls? That is even more stupid than just about everything else he has said.

KING: Because he's living with a man or two women living together, what do you mean imposing, he's trying to raise his kids, go to school.

T. LAHAYE: Would you like your children raised by two men or two women?

KING: I'd rather have them raised by two men than by two people hitting each other or two people screaming at each other or two people cheating on their income tax or two people cheating on each other, YES, I'd rather have them raised by gays.


Thanks, Larry.

No comments: