February 12, 2005

Small Glimpses and a great comment

Biased I know. but I appreciate this particular comment very much. One of the drawbacks with Blogger is that comments can get buried in older posts. Anyway, here is part:

Streak's Blog: More on righteous anger and the feeling that Bush stealing the faith: "The bible teacher asked another question. She asked us to suggest ways we can turn away from 'profane' or 'godless chatter' in some examples she posed. One was 'Your boss uses profanity when he or she talks to you'. My answer was this 'Honestly, this doesn't bother me. I'm much more concerned that my boss make right decision that respect employees (their contributions, thoughts, and observations) above financial opportunism.'"


I think Small Glimpses is too kind, but I appreciate the compliments. And I agree with her take on this. I am so tired of people prioritizing bad words over bad actions. Words matter, I don't deny that. But aren't we all acutely aware of the difference? A CEO who swears but takes care of his workers v. a boss who quotes scripture but lays off the lower paid workers while rewarding the already wealthy? Which would you prefer?

I know where my vote is. Thanks SG.

No comments: