February 16, 2005

Uh, guys, what the hell is going on?

This from Alternet and found on Kevin's site deserves a hearty, What the hell?

This really speaks to what I have been saying to my conservative evangelical brethren (loosely speaking). You believe in serious stuff. I know that and don't agree with all of it. But the scary part are the people you support and vote for and defend: they don't believe what you believe. They are honoring people like the "Reverend" Moon--people you know are wack jobs and cultists. In a different context, you would be calling for Moon's deportation, which, oddly enough, Jerry Falwell called for prior to the Wackjob Reverend rescuing of Falwell's "college."

But read this story. Has to do with a movement to remove crosses from churches. Not schools. Not courthouses, but churches.

You guys need to start defending your faith.

5 comments:

ANewAnglican@gmail.com said...

Take a look around most non-denom or "Bible" churches. You won't see many crosses there even now. And the growing use of the clear, plexiglass podium (certainly not a pulpit) does even more to focus all attention on the personality of the speaker. Not the Spoken.

Bruce said...

hmm... I always spelled it "whackjob", as in "Moon is a whackjob..."

Of course, I've never looked it up...

Streak said...

Hah. Maybe I should have said, "Nutjob Moon" or "Reverend Nutjob" or that "cultist moron who used to draw conservative ire but now is their friend" Moon.

:)

Isn't this the guy who claims to be the Messiah? I was taught that wasn't good.

Bruce said...

"He's the messiah, and I should know, I've followed a few!"

I like "Reverand Moonbat" myself.

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.