February 22, 2005

Violence not a good idea, but I feel for this guy

this is aberdeen - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars: "A disabled driver who lost his leg in a horrific motorbike smash today defended his decision to smash a teenage girl's car windscreen. "


It pisses me off when I see some fat ass park in the handicapped zone outside Starbucks, so I can imagine how this made this guy feel.

I will say this: people talk about the most important thing that kids should learn? I say compassion for other people should be number 1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though I am not disabled, I see this happen quite often as well and get outraged myself. People park in handicapped spaces, fire lanes, no parking zones, and the like, just because "they'll only be a few minutes, and it's not inconveniencing anyone". No compassion, no consideration, and no guilt. And then to hear the laundry list of who is to blame for these attitudes...schools, government, society, I've heard it all.
People, the blame lies with the parents when it comes to teens and younger kids acting this way. Kids see the way their parents act and mimic it. I once headed up an effort with our local police department to get people to stop using the parking spaces in our condo's lot to drop their kids off at the school across the street. They were taking up the spaces that we pay for, including the handicapped spots and the fire lane. The police staked out our lot for a few days and handed out plenty of trespassing tickets. The parents I talked to yelled at me, cursed, threatened to hurt me or run over me with their cars...right in front of the police officer!! And with their kids right next to them!! And then they wonder why little Johnny got detention for cursing at the teacher that day. Oh wait...the teacher provoked the kid.
Parents, get your heads out of your asses and start teaching your kids how to behave and respect other people. Compassion starts at home...not with the fake Christian egomaniac running the country.