September 22, 2006

torture

I know, I know.

Watching Olbermann tonight. Jonathan Turley notes that the Senate compromise bars American courts from recognizing the Geneva Conventions. Well, not completely. They can reference them if another country breaks the conventions, but not when WE FUCKING DO!

Please, tell me why I shouldn't move to Canada right now? Tell me why this embarassment of a President thinks that waterboarding is a legitimate technique? Tell me why the American public haven't repudiated him completely. Tell me that we still retain some element of American values. Please. I am begging you.

Rumors are afloat that Bush is marshalling our forces to attack Iran before the election. Please tell me that he will pay for being a war criminal if he does this. Please tell me that we will pass federal legislation apologizing to Clinton and begging interns to "help us out" with Bush. Tell me we care about morals and values and peace and justice. Please tell me that we don't waterboard people or house them in fucking gulags.

Please tell me. I am damn near begging.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Great post. Wish I could tell you differently, but I think you've pretty much nailed things on the head.

I, too, have read about rumors of a ramping-up for war with Iran. Unreal.

And, once again the spineless Dems are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, as they let their midterm advantage evaporate.

*sigh*